Take Part in the Civil Defense Drill on Aug. 23th
Date : 2017.08.10
Read : 1995
□ What is the civil defense drill?
○ Civil defense drill refers to a series of activities conducted in order to protect the lives and properties of the public from emergency situations, including wars and natural disasters. When an emergency situation occurs, air sirens will go off to encourage evacuation.
○ Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:00 pm
○ Across the nation(Korea)
○ Drills for evacuation, control and recovery activities after siren warning is issued assuming air-raid situations
□ Siren warning
○ At 2 p.m. on Aug. 23, siren (air-raid warning) will go off for 3 minutes across the country to inform the start of the drill; during the 5 min of the drill, traffic of pedestrians and vehicles will be controlled.
□ What to do during the drill?
○ When an air-raid warning is issued, you shall close gas valves, turn off electronic appliances and go to the nearest shelter.
○ If you hear an air-raid warning when you are outside, move to the nearest shelter following the guidance of safety staff. If you cannot find a shelter, look for any cover you can find.
○ After arriving at the shelter, stay informed with TV or radio on, and follow instructions of the Ministry of Interior and Safety and Security.
○ Be prepared. Check where the nearest, designated shelters are. Prepare a medicine kit, emergency items, and gas masks at home in advance.